Depending on the type of treatment you have received for your dental problem, it might be necessary to:
- Have your tooth restored to its original size and shape
- Supply additional physical support for the treated tooth
- Get a complete “makeover” on the affected tooth
- For cases like these, a crown is the most logical option.
While fillings fill in the empty interior space of the tooth, crowns completely cover every visible part of the tooth – which is why they are sometimes referred to as “caps.” A part of your tooth remains but is essentially “rebuilt” to resemble the tooth at its exterior best.
While porcelain crowns certainly can improve the look of a tooth or multiple teeth, it is recommended only in conjunction with prior repair of the tooth – not simply for cosmetic purposes.
For more information or to receive a free consultation, please contact us today.
A favored procedure for minor dental corrections, bonding -also known as composite bonding- is a quick and affordable way to correct a variety of dental flaws such as:
- Low Bite Pressure (caused by short or uneven teeth)
- Tooth Decay
If you have any of these dental issues you may be a good candidate for bonding.